my dream xchat dcc script

Discussion about Perl, TCL or Python scripts and C/C++ plugins (using and writing them).

my dream xchat dcc s

Postby boukmandu » 10 Jun 2004 15:20

there is an urgent need for a decent dcc leeching script in xchat, one that gathers a list of dcc offerings and presents them in a window indicating the level of availability of each. this dream script should allow the user to click on a desired pack in this window and get it. it should also be able to autoresume disrupted downloads like xdcc klipper does for mirc. :lol:
boukmandu

Postby Doc Nielsen » 10 Jun 2004 16:01

well then, start coding ;)
Doc Nielsen

Postby boukmandu » 10 Jun 2004 16:37

wouldnt know where to start doc.
boukmandu

Postby NoBody » 14 Jun 2004 10:12

please don't go there...

i'm channel administrator at a pretty big xdcc channel (only opensource packets ofcourse :roll: ) and xdcc klipper alike users aren't really appreciated in such channels... why don't you just do things by hand, are you really to lazy to actually do something for your _free_ downloads?

It's not really the click-and-leech functions that bothers me, it's the timers those scripts activate so that you could leave the computer behind and it will automatically pm an xdcc bot each x minutes until a queue slot is reached...
Linux/FreeBSD user and darn proud of it!
NoBody

Postby boukmandu » 16 Jun 2004 15:16

i thought u guys only had a problem with bottler and scuh scripts because people didnt actually have to be in the channel to get things from bots. The main thing for me why I continue to use mirc under wine is the fact that with xdcc klipper i can be assured that if my crappy connection goes down for a brief moment and I am not around that download is resumed as soon as i find myself again at the top of the que.Add to this also the useful xdcclist that it provides so i can see what is availabe for immediate download and what is not. I just thought it would be neat if xchat was able to do the same by way of a script of some sort.
boukmandu

Postby NoBody » 17 Jun 2004 02:44

boukmandutty wrote:i thought u guys only had a problem with bottler and scuh scripts because people didnt actually have to be in the channel to get things from bots. The main thing for me why I continue to use mirc under wine is the fact that with xdcc klipper i can be assured that if my crappy connection goes down for a brief moment and I am not around that download is resumed as soon as i find myself again at the top of the que.Add to this also the useful xdcclist that it provides so i can see what is availabe for immediate download and what is not. I just thought it would be neat if xchat was able to do the same by way of a script of some sort.

xdcc klipper does just the same bottler and such do (bottler joins the channel as well and lists packs) :P

However there are some xdcc-made-easy perl scripts around i believe, try searching http://www.xchat.org/cgi-bin/script_list for "xdcc" or something :P
NoBody

Re: my dream xchat dcc script

Postby BuDuS » 18 Mar 2011 07:43

My script for XChat support XDCC search and download. Currently, resume isn't supported.
But with one click, the script do auto connect , join channel and query bot.

http://digilander.libero.it/udasoft/Software/Linux/buduscript/

The big problem for you: isn't translated to english; currently, only italian language is supported.

In my blog is present a mini-tutotial how to use XDCC Manager: http://budus.ilbello.com/Blog/?p=95
Saluti, BuDuS.
BuDuS

Re: my dream xchat dcc script

Postby NoBody » 20 Mar 2011 14:02

Is XDCC still alive?

Surprised here..
NoBody

Return to Scripts and Plugins