Unofficial Xchat Script Database

Discussion about Perl, TCL or Python scripts and C/C++ plugins (using and writing them).

Unofficial Xchat Scr

Postby Flash » 09 Dec 2007 17:41

I've created my own Unofficial Xchat scripts database after being frustrated with the official one too many times. (404's, links pointing to unrelated sites - not being able to add my own scripts because I don't have rdns, etc etc).

http://digdilem.org/irc

So far I've only got 23 of my own Xchat scripts on there. Feel free to have a nose around and grab anything that takes your fancy.

I'd welcome other script developers to put their work on there too. (You can remove your own scripts, I actually host the files if you want so you don't need to provide your own hosting, and the user doesn't get so many 404's, download counters - etc etc.)

I've had that domain for over six years so it's not all going to disappear tomorrow. It's all free of course.
Flash

Postby skiidoo » 12 Dec 2007 10:17

So basically, people will have to submit/upload the scripts again.

I would better see them do that on the XChat official website. What about offering your help to peterz with the actual repository maintainance ? :)
skiidoo

Postby Alchera » 12 Dec 2007 11:57

peterz now (from memory) runs a script that checks links and deletes those that are invalid.

One central database is still needed but it doesn't hurt to have alternatives.

LinuxIRC (recently revamped) is another site for scripts.
"Live Outside The Square You Live In"
"Vivez hors du quartier où vous habitez"
Alchera

Postby Flash » 13 Dec 2007 08:11

skiidoo wrote:So basically, people will have to submit/upload the scripts again.

I would better see them do that on the XChat official website. What about offering your help to peterz with the actual repository maintainance ? :)

The official one doesn't (or at least, didn't when I could last use it) allow you to upload your script, only offered you the option of a link.

I could, of course, scrape the official list and add all the verified links automatically - but need to check the legality of that first.
Flash

Return to Scripts and Plugins