XChat 2.8.5b - a minor update

Discussion about the official XChat for Windows.

XChat 2.8.5b - a min

Postby peterz » 05 Oct 2007 05:11

News for 2.8.5b (05/Oct/2007)

Download: http://xchat.org/files/binary/win32/xchat-2.8.5b.exe

Code: Select all
* Fixed: If you set your away reason blank in the settings, it was impossible to set yourself away using the Away menu item.

* Added a setting in the logging section: Display scrollback from previous session, which is the same as /set text_replay. Also improved the way these scrollback files are periodically shrunk, previously they could get too large.

* Fixed /EXEC not showing any output on Windows Vista.

* Added a /SHELL command to execute via command line interpreter. e.g. try /SHELL Dir

I also changed some keyboard behaviours, which might have helped the dead-key problem some people were reporting (did it?).

For the first few hours this was released, the web server had the wrong file. If you're getting a "Encoding corrupt" dialog box, please re-download it and it will be fine.
peterz

Postby EvolutionCrazy » 05 Oct 2007 23:26

ty, hope this will fix the scrollback crashes at startup (and yes, i've very very very large scrollback logs :D )
EvolutionCrazy

Re: XChat 2.8.5b - a

Postby adipate » 07 Oct 2007 08:43

peterz wrote:News for 2.8.5b (05/Oct/2007)

I also changed some keyboard behaviours, which might have helped the dead-key problem some people were reporting (did it?).

This is in reference to this post: viewtopic.php?t=3863
As long as the User (in this case, greek user) has the Normal input method selected it works 100% fine now. ( ; key + a, to get α to turn into ά , etc)

If the user has Windows IME selected as their input method it will not produce the appropriate accented characters. (I mention this because at one time you were saying something about setting the Windows IME as the default input method or something).
adipate

Postby nob0dy » 15 Oct 2007 13:53

about that scrollback, would be great if i can choose to be active only in privmsgs.. :)
nob0dy

Return to XChat for Windows