How to auto get files

Discussion about XChat on Linux and other unix like systems.

How to auto get file

Postby glide » 12 Nov 2005 16:38

Hi all,
i wanna know how to automaticaly get files from a dcc send !

Thanks for answering,
have a nice day ...
glide
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Nov 2005 16:37

Postby Schiz0 » 12 Nov 2005 17:47

Go to the IRC menu, then make sure 'Auto Accept Files' is checked.
Schiz0
 
Posts: 194
Joined: 12 Dec 2004 23:41
Location: USA

Postby glide » 12 Nov 2005 17:52

thx a lot,
have a nice day ...
glide
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Nov 2005 16:37

Postby Alchera » 13 Nov 2005 01:29

Schiz0 wrote:Go to the IRC menu, then make sure 'Auto Accept Files' is checked.

For those using 2.6.0 the above does not work as there is no IRC menu.
"Live Outside The Square You Live In"
"Vivez hors du quartier où vous habitez"
User avatar
Alchera
 
Posts: 939
Joined: 28 May 2005 16:30
Location: Ballarat Victoria, Australia

Postby NoBody » 20 Nov 2005 02:50

Alchera wrote:
Schiz0 wrote:Go to the IRC menu, then make sure 'Auto Accept Files' is checked.

For those using 2.6.0 the above does not work as there is no IRC menu.

And how are we 2.6.0-users supposed to enable/disable auto-accept?

Can't find any options or suiting variables for it since upgrading from 2.4.5 :(

[edit]
Just found out, /set dcc_auto_send 0/1 (0 for disabling auto-accept, 1 for enabling)... Weird name for a variable with functionality for auto-accepting (not auto-sending as sending files is never automatically in such case) :?
Linux/FreeBSD user and darn proud of it!
User avatar
NoBody
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 14 Jun 2004 10:02
Location: The Netherlands

Postby LOQUILLO » 24 Nov 2005 23:21

NoBody wrote:
Alchera wrote:
Schiz0 wrote:Go to the IRC menu, then make sure 'Auto Accept Files' is checked.

For those using 2.6.0 the above does not work as there is no IRC menu.

And how are we 2.6.0-users supposed to enable/disable auto-accept?

Can't find any options or suiting variables for it since upgrading from 2.4.5 :(

[edit]
Just found out, /set dcc_auto_send 0/1 (0 for disabling auto-accept, 1 for enabling)... Weird name for a variable with functionality for auto-accepting (not auto-sending as sending files is never automatically in such case) :?

Hi NoBody: use the newest xchat v2.6.1. ;)
IRC: EFnet
Channels: #Spanglish
I have installed X-Chat on Windows 7 Professional 64bits
LOQUILLO
 
Posts: 26
Joined: 16 Apr 2005 22:16

Postby Alchera » 24 Nov 2005 23:28

XChat 2.6.1 Auto Accept Files:

Preferences~Network~File Transfers: check/uncheck "Auto accept file offers"
"Live Outside The Square You Live In"
"Vivez hors du quartier où vous habitez"
User avatar
Alchera
 
Posts: 939
Joined: 28 May 2005 16:30
Location: Ballarat Victoria, Australia

Postby NoBody » 24 Nov 2005 23:32

LOQUILLO wrote:
NoBody wrote:
Alchera wrote:
Schiz0 wrote:Go to the IRC menu, then make sure 'Auto Accept Files' is checked.

For those using 2.6.0 the above does not work as there is no IRC menu.

And how are we 2.6.0-users supposed to enable/disable auto-accept?

Can't find any options or suiting variables for it since upgrading from 2.4.5 :(

[edit]
Just found out, /set dcc_auto_send 0/1 (0 for disabling auto-accept, 1 for enabling)... Weird name for a variable with functionality for auto-accepting (not auto-sending as sending files is never automatically in such case) :?

Hi NoBody: use the newest xchat v2.6.1. ;)

Too bad 2.6.1 seems to be a Windows-only release :(

But i can live with using the dcc_auto_send variable :)
Linux/FreeBSD user and darn proud of it!
User avatar
NoBody
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 14 Jun 2004 10:02
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Alchera » 24 Nov 2005 23:44

NoBody wrote:Too bad 2.6.1 seems to be a Windows-only release :(

There's an old saying, "Patience is a virtue."

Never assume there will not be a new release for Linux soon.
"Live Outside The Square You Live In"
"Vivez hors du quartier où vous habitez"
User avatar
Alchera
 
Posts: 939
Joined: 28 May 2005 16:30
Location: Ballarat Victoria, Australia

Postby daemon404 » 24 Nov 2005 23:54

I'd say give it at least a week.
daemon404
 
Posts: 314
Joined: 11 Feb 2005 03:53
Location: Canada

Postby NoBody » 25 Nov 2005 23:16

Alchera wrote:
NoBody wrote:Too bad 2.6.1 seems to be a Windows-only release :(

There's an old saying, "Patience is a virtue."

Never assume there will not be a new release for Linux soon.

well i never said that i think there will never be a GNU/Linux version ;)

But i do opinion that it's a bad thing that Zed seems to be supporting Windows better then GNU/Linux now, ever since his Windows build went shareware :(
Linux/FreeBSD user and darn proud of it!
User avatar
NoBody
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 14 Jun 2004 10:02
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Jegar » 04 May 2008 20:04

I'm using 2.8.4 and I go into Settings-Preferences-Network-File Transfers And there is an auto-accept drop-down menu thing and you set it to yes then set the folder to wherever.
Jegar
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 May 2008 20:02

Postby NoBody » 05 May 2008 20:10

Jegar wrote:I'm using 2.8.4 and I go into Settings-Preferences-Network-File Transfers And there is an auto-accept drop-down menu thing and you set it to yes then set the folder to wherever.

There's a reason why this is an old topic, you know 8)
Linux/FreeBSD user and darn proud of it!
User avatar
NoBody
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 14 Jun 2004 10:02
Location: The Netherlands


Return to XChat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest