XChat 2.8.6 released (the Linux version)
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Updated translations (de, fi, fr, hu, lt, nb, ru, th, zh_CN).
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fixed creation of ~/.xchat2/scrollback/ paths (xc284-scrollbmkdir.diff).
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fixed a leak of file descriptors related to the scrollback feature (resource leak) (xc284-fix-scrollbfdleak.diff).
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Stopped scrollback files growing too large by fixing the file-shrink code.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Put a "Display scrollback from previous session" into the Setup GUI (logging section) so people can turn this off without typing commands.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Made /away work even when the reason setting is empty.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Using /part on a channel that contains a quotation mark now works .
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Changed the default encoding to "IRC" (CP1252/Unicode Hybrid) for both Unix and Windows.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fixed a possible Channel List crash if you searched many times while the download was still going.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fixed alert balloons failing if the text contained "<" characters .
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ The Drag&Drop files to userlist feature has been enabled again.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Removed the /set tab_icons setting and made it automatic (see FAQ for more info about icons).
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fixed a bug in creating files (save channel list, rawlog etc) that would set the wrong permissions.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Added command line argument --command=COMMAND which can be used in conjuction with --existing (E.K.L.). This sends any xchat command to an existing (running) client.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ A private SSL key/certificate can now be loaded from ~/.xchat2/client.pem.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ The Alerts settings now accept wildcards, instead of partitial string match .
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Changing away status during reconnect/disconnect will now remember it.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ You can now change your Away/Back status (all networks) in the tray menu.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Favorite Channels / Auto-Join-List management:
* Network List window now has a "..." button to edit the auto-join-list in a more friendly way.
* Channel(text area), Tree/Tab and Channel-List right-click menus now have a "Add to Favorites" function.
* Previous limit of 300 bytes has been overcome. Now up to 2 KB worth of channels/keys can be joined and it will be automatically split into multiple lines, if necessary.
* Per-Channel settings now save to disk, including Logging and Scrollback settings.
* /ChanOpt has been re-worked to be more like /Set.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ 'hostname:port' syntax is now accepted, if it's not an IPv6 address.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ The Userlist right-click menu now has icons and an option to add to friends list. If you've edited this menu before you'll still get the old one. To get the new one delete ~/.xchat2/popup.conf while XChat isn't running.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ ~/.xchat2/startup.txt is now loaded on launch (like /LOAD -e). Put any commands you want executed at startup here.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ The lag-o-meter now has a full scale of 1.0 seconds.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ libnotify is now opened directly instead of using 'notify-send' to open tray/balloon alerts.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Added support for QuakeNet's /AUTH for nick password, when numeric 005 NETWORK=QuakeNet is detected.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ You can now copy with IRC attributes and mIRC colors if CTRL key is down when a selection is finished (on mouse release). This replaces the old "Color paste" feature.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Added a 'compact' flag to gui_tweaks. This'll make the userlist and tree spacing smaller. E.g. type /set -or gui_tweaks 32 and restart to turn it on.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ The /CLEAR command takes a number as paramater (how many lines to clear).
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ When there's missing information in the Userlist right-click menu, it'll issue a silent /WHOIS and fill it in. This includes retrieving a person's away-reason.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Perl (Lian Wan Situ)
* /reloadall will now reload all the scripts that are currently load instead of simply reruning the autoload routine
* gtk/glib/gdk errors and warnings have been redirected back to stderr so they will no longer show up in the text box as a result of having the Perl plugin loaded
* Check if the user has perl 5.6 instead of 5.8 and give an warning dialog if they do (Peter Zelezny)
* Changed timer callbacks so that they are executed in the context that they were created in
* Modified Xchat::print and Xchat::command to accept array references in addition to strings for the channel and server parameters
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Plugin API:
* xchat_emit_print() will now trigger Sound, Blink, Icon etc type events, depending on user's settings.
* Fixed a bug where not all 32 elements were available in word/word_eol.