- Code: Select all
2.8.4 - 01/Jul/2007
- Updated translations (cs, de, ko, mk, sv, vi).
- System-Tray balloons now get the xchat icon instead of a generic one.
- Fixed the notify-send zombies (released as xc282-fixtrayzombies.diff).
- Fixed underscore ('_') in real names in the nick-name right-click menu being
drawn as a underline.
- ut2004:// URLs are now underlined too.
- /set gui_tray_flags 4 will now enable a "Minimize to tray" feature. Clicking
the window minimize button will minimize to tray instead of the task-bar.
- Fixed bug:  Notify fails if network name contains spaces.
- Extended tclConfig.sh search paths so it hopefully works on Ubuntu now.
- Added a feature that reloads conversations from last time you used XChat
(type /set text_replay 0 to disable it).
- Fixed /LASTLOG printing everything twice if you had Indented Nicks off.
- The CTRL-F keybinding (Find) is now disabled when using Emacs keys.
- Added /SET gui_tweaks. See http://forum.xchat.org/viewtopic.php?p=13766
- Fixed opening URLs on KDE that didn't begin with http:// or other protocol.
- A better quit dialog which warns you if you're connected to IRC or have
active file transfers.
- Fixed:  Cycle selected channel (Luca Falavigna).
- Fixed:  Doesn't recognize nicks with halfop mode on hovering.
- The userlist and treeview can now be placed on the same side, with a resize
handle in between them. They can also be dragged and dropped into place.
- When you hide the userlist using the View menu, the resize handle now
disappears too. It also disappears when you have a server tab in focus.
- If you have a tree on one side and userlist on the other, they'll both now
have a resize handle, previously the tree's size was fixed.
- The userlist can be hidden and shown with CTRL+F7.
-  Channel List's minimum users spin-button can now be set downward
even on networks that sent a list of channels of only a larger size. In this
case the Download button will flash to indicate you need to download a new
- Changing the channel switcher type (Tree or Tabs) is also possible in the
- The Ban List window now lists exceptions too (mode +e).
- Script and Plugin related changes:
* /SETTEXT with no argument now clears the input box.
* Python: Added a xchat.strip method for stripping IRC attributes and mIRC
* C-API and Perl: Returning 0 from a FD hook will now remove the hook and
free all associated memory.
* /MENU now supports a $CHAN root aswell (see plugin20.html).
* Fixed GDK warning when using /MENU to add a key binding to a popup menu.