XChat 2.8.5 is out

Discussion about the official XChat for Windows.

XChat 2.8.5 is out

Postby peterz » 24 Jun 2007 11:01

News for 2.8.5 (24/Jun/2007)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Code: Select all
    * The userlist and treeview can now be placed on the same side, with a resize handle in between them. They can also be dragged and dropped into place.

* The resize handles between two panes are now smaller (3 pixels) and invisible.

* Scrollbars are now placed inside the frame they scroll (more Windows like).

* If you have a tree on one side and userlist on the other, they'll both now have a resize handle, previously the tree's size was fixed.

* The userlist can be hidden and shown with CTRL+F7.

* Added a feature that reloads conversations from last time you used XChat (/set text_replay 0 to disable it).

* /MENU now supports a $CHAN root aswell (see plugin20.html).

* Fixed a problem some people were having with minimize to tray (the feature added in 2.8.3e).

* Fixed /LastLog printing everything twice if you had Indented Nicks off.

* Added /set gui_tweaks for GUI fine tunning.

* A better quit dialog which warns you if you're connected to IRC or have active file transfers.

* The Channel List's minimum users spin-button can now be set downward even on networks that sent a list of channels of only a larger size. In this case the Download button will flash to indicate you need to download a new list.

* Fixed bug: [1737249] Doesn't recognize nicks with halfop mode on hovering.
peterz

Postby EvolutionCrazy » 24 Jun 2007 12:11

great, ty :wink:
EvolutionCrazy

Postby scarney » 24 Jun 2007 20:58

nice. thanks peterz!.

i really love that the userlist and now the treeview stay the size you set them to (as opposed to always having to re-size the userlist after xchat start) that was pretty much the only thing that annoyed me about xchat. of course, im such a lazy n00b. there is probably, already a cmd to set that, hah! ;)

u da man!
scarney

Postby nob0dy » 25 Jun 2007 12:17

* Added a feature that reloads conversations from last time you used XChat (/set text_replay 0 to disable it).

Maybe if this could be settable in channel's right-click menu.. (its great with BitlBee to see last log of my e.g. ICQ chat but not so useful in crowded channels really)

Also enable show join/part message permanently for chosen channels.

:idea:
nob0dy

Postby Khisanth » 27 Jun 2007 13:35

Got a script that does the show join/part thing :)
Khisanth

Postby EvolutionCrazy » 04 Jul 2007 12:15

Khisanth wrote:Got a script that does the show join/part thing :)

can you share some more infos about that script? ty :D
EvolutionCrazy

Postby horsedreamer » 20 Jul 2007 20:31

I moved my treeview over below my treeview, but now I can't manage to put it back. Am I missing something dumb?
horsedreamer

Postby Yvonne » 21 Jul 2007 00:28

Settings -> Preferences -> Channelswitcher
Yvonne

Postby horsedreamer » 21 Jul 2007 11:19

horsedreamer wrote:Am I missing something dumb?

Yes, yes I am. Thanks Yvonne.

Dumbly missing something, by the way, not that I missed something which is dumb.
horsedreamer

Postby NutMutt » 30 Aug 2007 06:23

"feature that reloads conversations from last time you used XChat"

This has become real handy to during my vacation trip in Honduras, Central America. The hotel lobby has two desktop to be used by guest free of charge. I like leaving X-Chat idling my favorite channels late at night across different networks.

When I come back, somebody has yet again closed X-Chat on me. Grrr!!!! So, at least I can see what was said in the channel(s) after I walked away when I fire X-Chat back up. w00t !!! What a good feature -in my case at least.

Does anybody know if this feature saved the convos all the way up to the Line of Text setting in the Preference Menu? Prob does, ehh...

Regards...
NutMutt

Re: XChat 2.8.5 is out

Postby happybear » 18 May 2011 02:46

When was the last time a software update for xchat came out? I did a search and the latest version was released back in August of 2010? That seems like a really long period of time between software upgrades for such a popular multiplatform chat program. I actually forgot I had this version and when I checked for the latest version of the software, I was surprised that I'm not so out of date after all. Should I go ahead and download 2.8.9, or is there another update for xchat this year?
happybear

Postby Khisanth » 20 May 2011 00:49

There is no need to search just check the http://xchat.org and August 2010 is correct. There isn't any newer release because there hasn't been much change to the code.

Between 2.8.5 and 2.8.9 there have been some fixes for potential crashes and a fix for a security issue if you use IE, you can check http://xchat.org/files/binary/win32/readme.html#2 for details.
Khisanth

Postby pastely » 24 May 2011 05:23

Well, I have to say that the 2.8.5 version of the x Chat was really brilliant with the kind of bug improvements they have made. The integration of a variety of scripts really did a great job. Moreover, the feature which reloaded conversations and (spam) since the last time started with this version. Anyway, I would really recommend you all to check out the 2.8.9 version of x Chat which was released last year!
pastely

Postby domas » 01 Jun 2011 16:51

pastely wrote:Well, I have to say that the 2.8.5 version of the x Chat was really brilliant with the kind of bug improvements they have made. The integration of a variety of scripts really did a great job. Moreover, the feature which reloaded conversations and colocation since the last time started with this version. Anyway, I would really recommend you all to check out the 2.8.9 version of x Chat which was released last year!

I download and tried 2.8.9 version of x Chat and I must say it is very good. Your review is pretty correct and accurate.
domas

Return to XChat for Windows