News for 2.8.1 (12/Jan/2007):
* Added a system tray icon (aka Notification Area). This is probably the
biggest feature addition in this series. Also added a /TRAY command so
scripts can manipulate the icon.
Note: If you prefer to use the X-Tray plugin, you can still do so. Just
disable XChat's tray icon in Settings > Preferences > Alerts.
* Settings: Warn the user when trying to put the tree on the top/bottom.
* Channel modes are no longer shown in the titlebar if they contain a key.
* Added /GUI APPLY command, which does that same as pressing OK in the
settings window (e.g use it after /set). Mainly for scripters.
* Allow changing the logging folder if the log filename is set to a full path
in the settings window (e.g. starts with "C:").
* Added 'Your Action' text event.
* Separated out /away and /back commands so it's obvious what they'll do.
* Settings are now saved even if you shut-down Windows before closing XChat.
* Fixed the "Save As" function saving to the wrong folder in the URL Grabber.
* Changes to /MENU command (See plugin20.html for details):
- Now works for popup menus too.
- Allows creation of radio menu items.
- -p arg can now to be negative to give a position offset from right/bottom.
- -i arg to specify an icon file.
* Plugin API:
- Added "event_text" to xchat_get_info().
- Added "modes" to xchat_get_info(). Returns the current channel modes, if
they are known.
Download link: http://xchat.org/files/binary/win32/xchat-2.8.1.exe