For some reason, I'm no longer able to connect to [some] IRC networks via SSL - Freenode being one of them. I'm able to connect via SSL in KvIRC and Irssi to the networks I can't in XChat, yet I can still connect with XChat to some networks via SSL.
Here's and example of what I'm getting when attempting to connect to Freenode via SSL:
- Code: Select all
* Looking up chat.freenode.net
* Connecting to chat.freenode.net (18.104.22.168) port 7000...
* * Certification info:
* OU=Domain Control Validated
* OU=Gandi Standard Wildcard SSL
* O=GANDI SAS
* CN=Gandi Standard SSL CA
* Public key algorithm: rsaEncryption (2048 bits)
* Sign algorithm sha1WithRSAEncryption
* Valid since Jan 14 00:00:00 2011 GMT to Jan 14 23:59:59 2012 GMT
* * Cipher info:
* Version: TLSv1/SSLv3, cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256 bits)
* Connection failed. Error: unable to get local issuer certificate.? (20)
I've seen a couple of people post that they could connect to servers once they checked the "Accept invalid SSL certificate", but this isn't working for me.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can afford on this matter.